About The Course
This Nutrition Programme is designed to provide you with theoretical knowledge and contextual understanding necessary for a successful career in the fitness industry. As an ACE Fitness Nutrition Specialist, you will be armed with essential behaviour change strategies paired with science-backing nutrition information to help your clients become more knowledgeable about their nutrition and develop life-long dietary habits that lead to better health.
Upon Completion The Course You’ll Have Better Understanding About:
- Carbs, Proteins and Fats Their Structure, Storage, Digestion and Absorption.
- Vitamins and Minerals, Digestion and Absorption.
- Energy Systems and Their Bioenergetics.
- Body Composition Assessment, Weight Management and Energy Balan
- RDA, EAR and UL Levels for Macronutrients.
- Dietary Guidelines, Myplate and Supertracker.
- Carbohydrates and Sports Nutrition, Carbohydrate Loading, Recommendations, Quality and Athletic Performance.
- Role of Fats in Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
- Proteins and Sports Nutrition, Proteins for Vegetarians, Benefits and Risk of a High Protein Diet.
- Weight Loss and Health Supplements, Ergogenic Aids and Banned Substances and Doping.
- Fuelling Pre, Intra and Post Exercise.
- Hydration and It’s Application in Sports, Water Absorption, Water and Thermoregulation.
- Environmental Factors That Affect Water Regulation.
- Nutrition for Special Population and Athletes with Chronic Diseases Like GERD and Crohn’s
- Engineered Foods, Alcohol, Drugs and Stimulants, Food Borne Illnesses, Food Labels, Food Safety and Selection.
- Food Allergies and Treatments, Insight on Haunting Eating Disorders.
- Cultural Consideration Pertaining to Diets, Eating Healthy When Eating Out.
- Nutrition Coaching and TTM Model for Behaviour Change in Clients.
- Food Frequency Questionnaire, Motivational Interviewing, Smart Goal Setting.
- Essentials of Meal Selection and Preparation, Grocery Shopping Fundamentals.
- Nutrition Scope of Practice, Selling Nutrition Services.
|Schedule Days||Saturdays and Sundays|
|Total Hours||60-70 hours|
|Theory Exam Language:||English|
|Exam Format:||Online – Multiple Choice Questions|