Do I have a healthy life? Have you ever asked this from yourself? The answer to this very question is very important as this will largely impact the way you think about health. This question is even more critical for countries like India and other developing nations. All these nations including ours are focusing more on quantity than quality lifespan even if this quantitative lifespan is achieved with modern medication. All most every citizen of our country have entered in vicious circle in which first half of the lifespan is spent for earning livelihood and rest spending on medical bills. We never dreamt of this kind of lifestyle. Who can fix it? The one who understand it well. Let’s understand as what has gone wrong.
According to one study published in The New England Journal of MedicineIndia has 2nd highest number of obese children. This we achieved with the contribution from so called convivence and modernization which has neglected the quality full life that was full of physical activities and recreational sports. During our childhood, in the evening time, most of us used to play in the nearby playgrounds and parks. The mode of activities was focused on recreation, team building and physical demands. How much time is your child spending in any of the physical activity which is somewhat demanding? Still thinking? Leave your phone and be little creative with your child as letting him spending time on see-saw and slide is not going to be of much help. Play some games like hide and seek, tag, jumping rope, etc.
The green revolution is another factor which has impacted our nutrition in a negative way. In an attempt to increase the production in order to feed our ever-increasing population the nutrient content in the same food has gone really low leading to lack of nutrition. Today again we are largely shifting to organic foods which was nothing but more coming from our kitchen gardens. Organic foods which were once good on pocket are now so expensive that most of us can’t afford them. Do you have a kitchen garden? Make one.
Starting with these two will make a bigger difference in our health. These two contributed a lot in really healthy life. Work for a healthy life.
- REASONS TO CHOOSE THE CAREER AS A PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER - August 22, 2018
- AM I HEALTHY ENOUGH? - August 20, 2018
- WHICH IS THE CULPRIT ? CULINARY PREPARED FOODS OR ULTRA PROCESSED FOODS? - July 25, 2018
- SHOULD I EXERCISE WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? - February 6, 2018
- THE BEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IN A HEALTHY WAY - October 4, 2017
- 5 MYTHS YOU SHOULD AVOID TO LOSE FAT - August 14, 2017
- BECOME A CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER - June 22, 2017
- BECOME A FITNESS COACH - June 22, 2017
- WHAT TO APPLY ? HEAT OR ICE? - May 6, 2017
- MORNING PRE-WORKOUT MEALS - May 6, 2017